Build a MindManager Macro
- Sax Basic Language (pdf)
- Macros demystified: What they are and why to use them
- MindManager 7 Object Model
How to Write a Macro for MindManager
Using Macro Editor in MindManager - Experienced Writers
If you open the Help file in MindManager and search for Macros you will see the following text abut two-thirds of he way down the page:
"Additional features can be provided through the use of MindManager Macros. Macros differ from add-ins in that they are not separate applications: they are a set of commands that direct MindManager to perform certain actions. Macros, like add-ins can be provided by Mindjet or third-party vendors, but they can also be created using the Macro editor provided with MindManager. You can add, delete, and modify macros with the Tools - Macro - Macros options.
To use the Macro editor:
Click Tools - Macro - Macro Editor.
The editor comes with its own help file, accessible from the editor's main toolbar".
Clicking on the Macro Editor button will open the Sax Basic Editor, an interactive design environment for developing, testing and executing Sax Basic scripts. The Sax Basic Language provides the core language definition and is compatible with Visual Basic for Applications(TM).
See Help in Macro Editor for Help on Editor and Language.
Remember, your Macro should have a .mmbas extension and can be saved to any directory on the system.
How does a Newbie Write Macros?
So! You wanna write your own Macros in MindManager but don't have a clue! First off, read thoroughly and digest the following articles:
- Macros Demystified: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100072101033.aspx
- Managing Macros with the VBA Editor: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA010429591033.aspx
- Yes, You Can Program in VBA: http://www.aicpa.org/PUBS/JOFA/nov2000/stein.htm
- An Introduction to Word VBA - Write A Program!: http://visualbasic.about.com/od/learnvba/a/blecvbai0101.htm
- Writing Solid VBA Code: http://www.geekgirls.com/vba_techniques.htm
- Creating Macros: http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/E085_Creating_Macros.html
Really interested in Macros for MindManager?
Why not join the following community focused on VBA automation of MindManager: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MindManagerDev/
The Appendix of "MindManager for Dummies" has several good examples of macros that interact with the MindManager object model.
The "Downloads page" of the MindJet Labs site provides access to an assortment of MindManager macros.