Avoid ResultsManager crashes during Dashboard Generation
ResultsManager will sometimes generate errors when dashboard memory grows to ~1.1 gb during generation. This typically won't happen for routine users but power users are going to run into it from time to time. Gyronix and MindJet are aware of the problem, but it occurs deep in the internal plumbing of MindManager and a solution has not materialized.
There are several approaches you can use to avoid these issues:
1. Make sure you don't have any unblocked dashboards linked into the tree of maps under your map central. That is a sure fire way to get into trouble.
2. Keep your custom dashboard templates simple and make sure you order your filters to eliminate as many activities as possible as high up in the tree as possible and combine filters across branches where possible. For example, if 75% of your tasks are "someday/maybe", then leading with a "committed=Y" filter will narrow the field quickly and reduce memory usage.
3. Break a complex dashboard into multiple parts. For example, if you are having trouble with "daily actions", move the "Relationship Central" branch off to its own dashboard. Often you can generate two simple dashboards faster than one complex one.
4. Turn off unused add-ins like outlook if you are not using them. Disable retention of notes.
5. Turn off auto-recovery to avoid random crashes after dashboard generation.
6. Finally it never hurts to add a reality-filter and push more items onto your future and someday maybe lists. This issue will rarely surface when you have a reasonable amount of next actions on your plate :-).