Outlinker Development Suggestions
This is an interactive page for power users of OutLinker to brainstorm and organize how to improve the program.
Potential Next Steps in Development
- Allow ResultsManager users option to launch alt-e-y form on the transferred task rather than use mindreader.
- Experiment with how links hold up if you archive to a gmail folder instead of a pst
- Auto-mode where it automatically cycles through selected messages with subject as next action and sender@ and leaves the processing to be done on the MindManager side
- Flag appointments that have already been "processed" somehow.
- Keep track of number of Actioned items (ones for which a maptopic has been created)
- Add a drop down box of destination map keywords harvested from the mindreader configuration map.
- Allow msg files to be put on disk and linked to rather than embedded (where to put them?)
Recent items addressed
- Suggest users use Thread Compressor if they want to remove redundant portions of discussion threads.
- New GyroQ "ola" tag will create an outlook appointment from a mindreader topic/task (not related to Outlinker but was suggested here).
- send as non-action info for reference section of map using isinfo mindreader keyword
- Develop a mode where user doesn’t need MindReader/GyroQ/ResultsManager – just dump linked activities into a Outlook capture map.
- Conversion to forms/add-in for ease of installation and enhanced interface
- Enable the ability to process task in same way that email and appointments are processed.
- Improve wiki documentation of how to use it (folder choice, personal digital signature)
- Add ability to send a task over with link but as “complete”.
- Scroll within a message without using "i" interact command (will require forms).
- Get an WebDAV or WebDrive working for shared map for project/ideas (using MindJet Connect for now)
- Warn on long message trunication once/session
- Make "attach message" a sticky configuration option.